bobmarkert

Well Known Member
Is anyone in the Denver or Colorado Springs area ordering a slow build wing kit soon? I have a damaged longeron and am hoping I can get it included in you crate. The shipping is twice as expensive as the part (~185? long). My part has a long deep gouge in it. It came from Vans that way and has been hanging in the rafters for three years. Moral of the story is do not just inventory your kits, inspect all the parts carefully.
Bob Markert
RV8 Slooowbuild
Littleton CO
303 882-7410

Extra

Bob, give me a call...I have an extra which I ordered with my wing kit just for this sort of thing.

Ron, sounds like you da man! I was going to order an extra one too, but Vans got the order shipped too fast for me to give them a list of extra parts!

Bob, I am interested in what problems you had with the bending. Im not even close to that point, but I have heard horror stories.

Haven't bent them yet. Mine had a severe gouge running the entire length that I believe will compromise the strength. I inventoried the parts but did not inspect the pieces. It's been three years so Vans is off the hook
Bob