fly5465

I recently bought a RV6AQB kit (unfinished) and I'm new to dealing with Vans, I have a question.

I wanted to re-do the aft top skin (F675). So I ordered one from Vans. When I received it and pulled it out of the box I noticed a very slight crease in it. (See photo). The crease is very small and about in the middle of the skin.

My questions are.... is it possilble to work this crease out of it good enough for a polished plane?

Or, should I spend the money to ship it back to Vans? I have not called them yet, but I will tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dale - FFZ-AZ

F675_Skin.jpg
[/IMG]

I bet Van's will replace it without making you ship it back.
Was it damaged en route? I had a similar crease courtesy of FedEx and Van's sent a new one out and took care of the FedEx claim.

T.

The dent was likely caused by Van's unless the box is crushed or has a fork lift hole through it. They will most likely replace it and let you keep the old one. I have an elvator skin that I got with a crease. They replaced it and told me to keep the old skin. I got to looking at it several years later and came to the conclusion that the crease was really just a mark in the blue vinyl.

Sorry Van,

Jekyll

Thanks guys. The box it came it looked good, I did not see any damage on the box. I just wonder if the guy who packed it may have accidently crease it while rolling it up to put in the box?

Everything I have read about Vans has been pretty good, I will give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks for the input :)

Dale - FFZ-AZ