Coviper

I'm at the point in my RV-9A fuselage where I am putting together the rudder and brake pedal assembly. It is installed and the rudder pedal center brace is clecoed in. All of the bearing blocks are bolted on (temp.). The rear pedals move very smoothly, but the front pedals seem to have alot of friction. I notice looking at it when I rotate the pedal that the center rudder brace moves slightly up and down. It appears that the front pedal assembly has a slight bow in it.....I'm not sure if this is a problem and I'm sure it will not be too tight to move with my feet, but I was wondering if anybody else has noticed this. Is this something I should be concerned with?

pedal bow

Yep, I had that issue as well, I was able to tweek mine up with a slight bend in the tube. I used a straightedge to identify the direction of the deflection, and clamp it up to remove the bend. Got it on the first try. Also, make sure the powdercoat doesn't interfere with the bearing blocks. I had to remove a little from the ends and middle to ensure smooth operation.
Hope this helps,
Chris

I wouldn't worry about the friction on that tube. Once you are in it and moving them with your feet, you won't notice it. That and it will wear in with use.

However, I would work to stop the center brace from moving up and down.

One question, are you using the end blocks on the correct side? The holes for the rudder bars are drilled at a slight angle and it is possible to put them on the wrong side.

UHMW is self-lubricating. You will be surprised after a hundred hours or so how easily those rudder bars will spin in the blocks.

friction

I agree, Don't worry about the percieved stiffness. They wear in nicely. I wouldn't take any measures to loosen them up at all. No lube needed here.

HTH,
Chris