Jeff Vaughan

Well Known Member
How much reflection do you flying RVs get with the slider roll bar support painted Vans powder coat Gray. How about those that have painted it black. Did you do this because you experienced a reflcetion with a gray post?

I plan on a black carpeted glareshield.

Thank you in advance for any response.

I think it's a non-issue. On my -6, I painted it a gloss black because I painted the roll bar gloss black, and also had black carpet on the glare shield. After a few hours of flight, I never even noticed that the bar was there. I never got glare off of the bar, only off of the plexiglass itself, on occasion. I actually used the rollover structure to cast a shadow over my eyes on very sunny days. This is pretty easy to do by moving your head around a bit. Probably the only real advantage over the tip up, except for the cool factor.

My glareshield and the steel brace are black. All of the other canopy/windshield steel is painted a glossy creme color, as are the decks where the slider rails are attached. I occasionally see a slight reflection from some of the creme colored items in the windshield, but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. If I had it to do over again, I'd use a flat, dark paint on the all the metal from the slider deck and up.