mattsmith

Well Known Member
I am having some trouble fitting my canopy frame, Thoth I saw a post on this but can not find it any wear, when I slide the frame all the way for wared so it is bottomed out in the c-806 anchor block the rollers are up on the windshield weldment feet. Is this O.K. or am I missing something? the drawings do not show this area clearly that I can see. Any help is appreciated, thanks Matt.

The canopy bow is 1/2" away from the rollover bar. the rollers are all the way up on the feet about 1/4".

Tough to say without a picture but I just looked at mine and the wheels are still inside the rail but on the weldmount feet as you describe. The rail should overhang the welmount by about 1/2". If you look closely you'll notice the welmount is the same thickness as the bottom of the rail material. You cut away the fwd most 1/2" off the flat bottom section of the rail which allows the channel section to overhang the weldmount feet thereby capturing the wheels and preventing upward movement at the fwd most canopy position.

Does this make sense?

If not, I'll take a picture for you tomorrow and post so you can see what I'm saying.

Ken

My rollers are on weldment also.

There were a few comments on this same topic and short time ago and it might have been RVGator who made the initial inquirey. Several folks stated that their rollers rode up on the weldment as does mine. When in the canopy closed configuration the gap between the roll bar and the canopy frame was unacceptably large unless the rollers were up on the weldment. I'd be concerned if that configuration put the frame under some sort of stress or (more importantly) looked really sh--ty)...lol...

Thanks for the replies, I cut just the bottom part of the side channels so there is one inch over lap of the side channel and the weldment and let the rollers ride up on the weldment. I don't see any way around the rollers not going on the weldment the gap would be big. This is my first plane and I don't want the wings to fall off on the taxi test, finish kit directions are not as clear as the rest of the build, I guess Vans has to cut the apron string at some point.