DRCRV6A

Had RV6A canopy/windscreen all fitted out nicely after weeks of procrastination, polished edges/seperated windscreen/drilled/clecoed & stored away up on a shelf for the last year, heated garage. Took down windscreen (that was stored laying on outside surface NOT clecoed to roll bar) & found to be broken, four inch V-shaped peice broke out of frnt. center lower edge. Unrepairable? I thought I read a thread about someone who went direct to manifacturer & purchased a DEFECTIVE canopy assembly, he just needed a windscreen not a complete canopy. Any input would be helpful, thanks, David RV6A [email protected]

Possibly shipped with a deep scratch I did not catch during the finishing kit inventory, it was discovered many months later when I finally got around to working on the canopy. I purchased a new RV-6A windscreen from Airplane Plastics 9785 Julie Ct. Tipp City, Ohio 45371. Their phone number is 937-669-2677. Fax number is 937-669-2777. That was in 2002.

Sorry to hear, next time consider gluing it! Lots of articles on the web, use sikaflex 295UV, just did mine, hopefully it will never crack again.