JeremyL

Well Known Member
I am in the lovely process of tweaking the slider frame and have been following mostly the write up on Vans website labeled “slider canopy installation.” My question is this, I followed the article in regards to the relationship between the top of the roll bar to the front top of the slider frame bow which states that you will want the slider frame higher by 1/8”-3/16” here. However the plans seem to indicate that this dimension should be 3/8”. So which is it? I hop ill be ok with the 1/8-3/16” because i am at that dimension pretty much all the way around the front bow and as you may know, there is no way to go back here because to achieve this dimension involved cutting the bottom tubes of the slider frame.
Any insight into this?? Also, any pointers for this process would be helpful. I think I have it “close enough” right now but who knows… thanks guys!
IMG_1061.jpeg

I am in the lovely process of tweaking the slider frame and have been following mostly the write up on Vans website labeled “slider canopy installation.” My question is this, I followed the article in regards to the relationship between the top of the roll bar to the front top of the slider frame bow which states that you will want the slider frame higher by 1/8”-3/16” here. However the plans seem to indicate that this dimension should be 3/8”. So which is it? I hop ill be ok with the 1/8-3/16” because i am at that dimension pretty much all the way around the front bow and as you may know, there is no way to go back here because to achieve this dimension involved cutting the bottom tubes of the slider frame.
Any insight into this?? Also, any pointers for this process would be helpful. I think I have it “close enough” right now but who knows… thanks guys!View attachment 67615
1/8 to 3/16 sounds about right, from what I recall. The dimension of 3/8 in detail B of dwg SC-1B is from the TOP of the roll bar to the CENTER of the canopy frame, so the dimensions are not contradictory because they are referencing different spots.
Note that the height of the slider frame is only "locked in" once the holes are drilled for the roller bracket bolts.
The windshield plexi is matched to the profile of the slider plexi by inserting shims or washers and these will not be conspicuous afterwards once the fiberglass is formed over the roll bar.

Last edited: