hesty

I have had enough! Tomorrow I cut steel!

After weeks of trial and error (mostly error)with everything from ratchet straps and pipe clamps, to brute muscle and templates..I am losing my mind with this canopy frame. There have been times of visible improvement that rapidly turned to disappointment as I made further adjustments. One of my aft bows is just too out of adjustment and I am at the point where further attempts will just make things worse.

I plan on using the strategy below since it will free up the steel to move where I want it to move without impacting other areas. My only issue is whether to use the blind rivet idea shown below or just find someone locally to weld it up. Anyone in the VAF world used this process and care to comment?:confused:

Thanks for your input. I can't wait to get past this bending!

Chad

d66cdc29.jpg

I"LL BE BACK

to Henderson on the 3rd or 4th. If you'd like (before you make the cut), I'd be happy to stop by late that week and take a look. I've done two (mine and helped a friend with another). If you do cut, I suggest you talk to Roger about welding it up. He's really good with his TIG unit...

it's easier to move the size of your fuselage or the canopy acrylic than the frame, i really don't understand anyone resizing the frame itself

I had the same problem with the back bows and one of the front. I cut them completely out and hand rolled replacements and tig welded them in. It came out great.

Before you cut, get a cheap conduit bender from Home Depot! What I wrestled with for a couple hours was finished in a few minutes with that cheap tool!