RV_7A

Well Known Member
Before I screw something up I thought I ask all you experienced guys about my spark plug wires. Upon hooking up my spark plug wires per the manual, it seems it would be best if I moved a few wires around to make use of their length in a different location. My question is... Can you remove one of the ends and change its position in the Slick Mag cap without any special tools or damaging my nice new purty wires? If so which end is removable?
Thanks
-Jeff

ENGINE%20534.jpg

ENGINE%20535.jpg

Jeff,

I'm not sure what it is you're trying to do. Usually, the harness has been optimized for the engines, and that makes the wire lengths about right for their locations. Not arguing with you at all, just trying to figure out why it doesn't fit for your application....Do you have a unique routing?

The only reason I ask is that every time I think I have to modify something that is "aircraft standard", a little voice goes off in my head ("Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson!!"), because I have usually missed something...

Not trying to say that's the case here, just wondering...

Paul

Last edited:
LOL.... WARNING WARNING DANGER DANGER!!!! You are absolutely correct. I didn't do anything and had enough sense to post the question. I do know one thing only a dumb person doesn't ask questions and I suddenly realize I did the right thing. I just got back from a local builders home who has the same XXX brand engine as I and checked his spark plug wiring. So looking at his I realized my left cap was rotated and drilled 90 degrees out. So I cruise back home and then realized my trusty little mirror had be all confused. My number 1 is right where its suppose to be. DUURRHHH... sorry no modesty here I simply made and error when looking at my cap and my book is wrong. It shows the lower left wire of the left mag going to the upper side of #1 which is wrong. My cap on the left mag shows the upper left wire as #1. Look closely at the picture diagram above and you can see what totally confused me...

Thanks for caring....
-Jeff

Last edited:
I didn't receive a manual with my Slick Mag. They just gave me the cap with the wires and I'm not sure how to orient it on the mag. Is there a particular way it must go? My mag is on the left side and Plasma III is on the right. Couldn't find the manual on the Unison website.

Thanks guys,
Scott