acroflyrgirl

Well Known Member
Is there a way to replace a single part......this part .....on my wiring harness?
What I see online so far, it looks like maybe so if it were a Bendix, but not with my Slick harness

Perhaps I'm dense but what part of the harness needs to be replaced? You show the cap and the spark plug lead, or are you looking to replace the entire spark plug wire?

Just JB weld it back in place. It's just used to keep the wire from rotating/twisting as you tighten up the plug nut.

And watch out for that cut safety wire........ always remove completely.

Last edited:
Sorry, the part in the first pic is what is needing replacement. It is the 7/16 nut that slips inside of 3/4 nut that screws onto the spark plug.

Sorry, the part in the first pic is what is needing replacement. It is the 7/16 nut that slips inside of 3/4 nut that screws onto the spark plug.

In the first picture, the hex head broke away from it's mount. It's only purpose is to hold with a wrench as you tighten the bigger hex that screws on to the top of the plug so the wire does not twist.

Try gluing it back into place.

Yes you can replace parts (I just repaired one of mine during my condition inspection).
If you can find someone with an old harness laying around, you could scavenge parts from it.

It is a bit involved getting it apart (to much for me to try and describe here)...
you should be able to find a local A&P that has the know how (maybe someone with some gray hair that doesn't only work under the throw away / buy a new part mode).

Slick harness

Call around. Most bigger shops should have the slick repair kit with parts and tooling. All the parts are easily replaced. If there is no one on your field and your plane is not flyable you may have to remove that half of the harness and get it to a repair person.

Don B
A&P, IA,
RV9 Rebuild in Progress

Thanks all. I found another cigarette assy from an old harness and am using that.
I would like to find a repair kit though to have on hand. I think I got lucky finding he parts locally yesterday.