Price increase

I have been told by one engine builder that the price has gone up 30%. In asking for a quote for the engine the price for the Slicks were now the same as the price for an overhauled Bendix that would work on the IO-360 I am planning for my RV7. This brings me to ask all ya'll engine experts which mag would ya'll now choose for your engine, a new Slick (with new price) or the overhauled Bendix?

Thanks, Frank

I have been told by one engine builder that the price has gone up 30%. In asking for a quote for the engine the price for the Slicks were now the same as the price for an overhauled Bendix that would work on the IO-360 I am planning for my RV7. This brings me to ask all ya'll engine experts which mag would ya'll now choose for your engine, a new Slick (with new price) or the overhauled Bendix?

Thanks, Frank

Well, this ol ya'll had Slicks on my original O-360. I had a mag failure with about 40 hours on a new Slick. When I had my new engine built by Barrett Precision, Allen "encouraged" me to go with overhauled Bendix. No pomp, no glassing over............"just the facts, sir";)