Flybuddy2

Well Known Member
Anyone use the SL-40 intercom function?? Does it work well?? Does it need a separate on-off switch for voice actuated intercom? Thx
I've only got the one radio and it's hooked through a pm6000c. There's nothing else hooked up through the audio panel and since I've been having intermittent audio issues I'm looking to just eliminate the audio panel as I've not been very successful tracing any wiring problems.

John Stark at Stark Avionics recommends that the SL-40 intercom function be avoided and I took his advice. I know that Stein has posted the same advice here as well. Not sure of the reasoning - perhaps he could comment further.

erich

Thx for the replies.. Curious as to why Stark & Stein (no relation to frank & stein) would not think it a good idea.

Intermittent audio issues

Taking out the PMA6000C will be no small task, and not knowing what type of trouble shooting you have already done, it may be premature to throw in the towel and a good audio panel out.

First, IF it is the audio panel, and I want to reiterate the word if, the flat repair fee for the PMA6000C is $179. So, for $179 you are guaranteed that we either find the problem with the audio panel OR we will exchange your unit with another. If the problem still persists, then we know it?s not the intercom.

If you don't mind, give me a call sometime (865-988-9800) and let?s see if we can figure out the source, it may be easier than you might think.

Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering
www.ps-engineering.com

Anyone use the SL-40 intercom function?? Does it work well?? Does it need a separate on-off switch for voice actuated intercom? Thx
I've only got the one radio and it's hooked through a pm6000c. There's nothing else hooked up through the audio panel and since I've been having intermittent audio issues I'm looking to just eliminate the audio panel as I've not been very successful tracing any wiring problems.