avee8tor_13

I'm New Here
All,

Just installed an SL-30 with a MD200 306 localizer/glide slope and was verifying it was working through the SL-30 testing configuration. Everything tested okay but was not able to determine if the GS was working or not. I could center the horizontal needle but not able to center the vertical needle (it is already centered). Plane is in conditional inspection and not flying right now. GS flag passed test. Any help appreciated.

Found the problem-problem in MD200-306

Turns out to be a problem with the MD200-306. Best way to test was disconnect connector on back of MD200-306 unit, connect volt meter (Set on 300mv) to pin 13,14 while turning small black knob on SL-30 while in setup mode.

Thanks all.

Not sure I understand

I doubt you would get any GS indication while sitting on the ground --- most barely can get a VOR/LOC indication --- if the SL30 went through the test successfully, then you need to get the airplane in the air to try the ILS.

What happen, while in SL-30 setup mode you can center the needles for the CDI and the GSI. I was not able to center the GSI needle. The pins where the signal goes to move the GSI needle up or down for centering while the SL-30 was in setup mode were sending the right millivolt values but the needle was not moving like it was in the CDI setup mode.

I agree about flying the plane. Once I get her out of inspection and get a replacement MD200-306, I will take her for a little spin.

Thank you for your comments.

avee8tor_13