HDDAHL

Anybody have new insight in when Skyview will be offered for the RV-12? I thought sure it would be by now.

Doug Dahl
RV-9A flying
RV-12 finish kit, finishing harness

I had an exchange with Mitch Lock after it became clear that the Skyview would not be ready for a live demo at Sun'N Fun. He received the new panel for his Skyview demo by mid-April. He did not provide me a target date for a live demo but I figure that it's a matter of a couple of months to have it operational in the best case (just my guess). My hope is that if I delay my order for the finishing kit to target delivery by the end of June it will include the SkyView mods. Again, just my guess, I may be wrong but I feel that VANs can hardly delay the SkyView release much further without risking to have the builders in the pipeline delaying their orders for the finishing kit and avionics until this issue settled.

I am in the holding pattern waiting for the Skyview. I have done all I can without this kit. At Sun n Fun they said 6 to 8 weeks, late May. Of course I have heard that for 6 weeks.......I am sure they are working hard to get it done. There are significant changes.

Wait and Wait

I have been waiting a long time I have completely finished my plane except for the avionic kit They would say it will be just around the corner two to four weeks then well maybe the first of next month I have been put off for a long time and so don't have much faith in what they say or think ...... I think they owe us more then this...... At least tell what will be in the kit........ I was talking to a person in the purchasing department and his reply was that it will take two to three months to get the parts for the kit all together before they could begine skipping .
bgl http://tinypic.com/r/2iu299f/7

One option I have been toying with to use, is to complete it with the one D180. As I understand it, most sensors will work on the Skyview, and I can move the D180 over to the passenger side when the SV shows up.

I asked Mitch about starting with the D180 and moving that to the right side and he said that they were incompatible. hrm.... nice thought I guess....

Call Dynon and ask them. I just spent a few hours with them (at their office - I was nearby on a business trip) and got a lot of my detailed RV-12 Skyview questions answered. My questions did not address having a Skyview and a D180 together but they could tell you the details. You would probably have to do some custom jumper wiring or something - and there are some differences to work out compared to dual Skyviews which is easy - but you could do that since you would already be signed off at that point. And that is a very intriguing option/idea - particularly for existing D180 owners. Don't write it off as an idea without talking to them first. They are VERY helpful.

Thanks a lot folks. Looks like engine next for me with the avionics kit in the order to do file.

Doug Dahl
RV-9A
Rv-12, finish, controls