Teamfanok

In section 31B-05, does the wire bundle pass in front of rudder pedals or behind the pedals as the wires wh-00050 and WH-00051. The instructions do not indicate this.They refer to passing wires thru forward snap bushing then thru the fuel flow cushioned clamp.

All the wires going through the bottom of the panel follow the same path - both behind the rudder pedals and above them through the bent-aluminum wire channel.

WH-00046, 00045

Gosh, Bill, but I was sorry to see your answer to this question.

Last week I ran WH-00046 directly from the floor of panel through the clamp by the fuel totalizer and back.....what I thought the plans said. Then when I came to the WH-00045 harness and saw the instruction to go over the pedals I thought "here we go again" and rechecked the "46" install and plans. It seemed to me all was OK - the red band is at the right place, etc. Just checked with Vans and the person there seemed to agree but it did not seem to me that he was really that sure of the answer - more of a "sounds OK to me".

Thing is, it looks good to me the way I have it. Do you see a problem with not making the trip over the rudder pedals? (I did the coaxes and "45" harness over the pedals.)

The main reason for my call to Van's had to do with the "45" harness - the headset jack isolator washers. The holes in my seat bases do not match the Skyview plans but do match the old plans. In the old plans they appear to ground the headset through the 3/8" hole. In the new plans they isolate the headset jack but the washers don't work with the 3/8 hole. Answer is that the new plans are right - I need to enlarge the hole and use the isolate washers. The headset is grounded elsewhere (some common point, I expect.)

Keith W.

My plans aren't handy anymore (at the airport now) but I remember reading phrases like "follow the existing routing" when installing the conversion harnesses. That said, to me, behind and above the rudder pedals. I did that by just loosening the bent-aluminum-channel - not totally removing that screw (see prior posts this thread.) Others have done that too.

One might ask why not run them all in front of (i.e. "aft of") the pedal top bars? But the possibility of rudder interference seems pretty high for that route. I am no expert - I am a 1st time builder!!!

skyview wiring wh-00046

Thanks for the reply, Bill. After studying the plans some more (mine is original Skyview, not a conversion) I agree with you that the intent of the plans is to route the wires over the pedals.

After looking at it some more, I do not see that the approach I used will cause a problem. I plan to leave it unless I hear a compelling reason to redo it.

Please add my thanks to the others for the time you have taken to document the conversion.