ron sterba

Well Known Member
Is it good to run Adahrs wiring harness thru holes in ribs with comm antenna coax cable? And also handset feed wires to jacks from radio in pass thru holes with coax cable,ADSB & Transponder & Comm

Ron in Ortegon

Last edited:
Is it good to run Ahrts wiring harness thru holes in ribs with comm antenna co-x cable? And also handset feed wires to jacks from radio in pass thru holes with coax cable,ADSB & Transponder & Comm

Ron in Ortegon

I would avoid running the adahrs wire in the same bundle as the comm or xponder coax. If you must, don't use cheap coax, stick with rg-400.

I had my SV network cable bundled with my COM coax. After having lots of COM issues, and trying to eliminate what was causing the intermittent transmit issues, I decided to relocate the coax away from the other wires. No difference. :mad: I have moved the coax all over the place and it seems like it isn't a factor in my particular situation. I'm probably going to leave the coax separated from the other SV wires. It is not worth my effort to move it back now that it is moved to a better location. I'm getting the (hopefully) repaired COM radio back from Dynon this week, so hopefully they fixed the COM radio issues. My Phase 1 has been on hold for 6 weeks due to COM issues. Not fun.

Colin and Bruce thanks for the heads up. Ill route the coaxes together (RG400) thru access holes on one side of the fuselage. So im thinking then to mount that 5 position Sub D under floor on co-pilots side (near wing tunnel) and tie in the ADAHRS,pitch and roll wire bundles there and just run ONE bundle up front to Skyview. (Bruce did run your bundles to a 5 position strip( (Looks like Dynon manual will allow that) Now going to run the headset wires under side rails to comm radio. Ill call Vans Monday and ask if I can drill another hole (maybe larger) in the spar attachment plate near the pass-thru hole that is already there. (one on each side). I still have to route the nav,strobe wire bundles up front so maybe that extra hole will work out. Bruce I bought the comm Garmin GTR200 because it has a 10 watt transmitter and hopefully it wouldn't interfere. Tomorrow i'll mount my comm antenna. I wish I would have put platenuts to hold baggage floors down. Because the plans call for pull rivets so now its drill them out time and replace with platenuts. Wish the plans would have given the builder the hint to do that. I guess the aft baggage area is also a area to mount that comm antenna.

Ron in Oregon