Shotgun

Maybe this is already widely known (a search didn't come up with anything) - the skyview wifi connectivity now works with the basic subscription to foreflight. Personally, the previous requirement for the pro subscription was holding me back. Going to order the Dynon dongle and Foreflight now.

The only upgrade you might need is the extra $25 for syn vis. I paid it with the basic subscription and really like it. I believe it can take the gps feed from Skyview.

Just a quick confirmation from us: As of ForeFlight version 7.0.1 (now live on the App Store), ForeFlight removed the Pro subscription requirement. SkyView connectivity is now available with both ForeFlight Mobile Pro and ForeFlight Mobile Basic. Official announcements here and here.

The only upgrade you might need is the extra $25 for syn vis. I paid it with the basic subscription and really like it. I believe it can take the gps feed from Skyview.

Yes, it can get the GPS feed from the Skyview as I understand it.

Now, I wonder how long we'll have to wait to get ads-b data on foreflight to avoid the need for the Stratus when flying with Skyview.

Now, I wonder how long we'll have to wait to get ads-b data on foreflight to avoid the need for the Stratus when flying with Skyview.

I bought the Stratus II just prior to the Dynon/FF announcement but am happy with it and using it in my Cherokee 140 while I build. It will be a backup/co-pilot screen until I can swing the second Skyview for the right side.