DonFromTX

Well Known Member
OK somebody help me out here. I ordered the Skyview video adapter (so I can impress the girls with in flight movies). I suppose I will feed the videos into the skyview from an IPad or such. Dynon states: "Video sources connect via S-Video or composite input. Both NTSC and PAL formats are supported for worldwide compatibility."
So what kind of adapter cord do I need to make this all work?

???

It might be cool but why not just play the movie on the iPad?

RAM mount solutions are super adaptable and it is a common thing to plug stereo directly into your audio system from whatever iThingy that you have...

I would rather keep my flight screens doing flight stuff.

I was thinking about a FLIR module under one wing for night flight, would be awfully handy for that. Could make the difference between a "CNN accident" and a "non-reportable incident" during a night-flight or actual IMC engine failure.

I had the same FLIR idea and have been unsuccessful in finding a good parts vendor for an affordable camera. I would really like to find something that can send FLIR video to my iPad (or Skyview someday?) via Bluetooth.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

GRT Avionics do a FLIR Camera for $4,500. Ironflight has flown with it and uploaded YouTube videos.

Dynon don't do the PFD overlay yet, though.