GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm new to the The Dynon equipment and have a quick question.
The plane has dual 10" Skyview with mapping SW, SV ARINC -429, GNT650. It has a bunch of other avionics but my question is relevant to the items mentioned.

When flying a flight plan programmed into the 650 I couldn't get the Skyview to display the data. After speaking to a Skyview user they told me to toggle between Skyview GPS and GPS1 (GNT650) on the MAP/FLIGHTPLAN page.

Is there a way to default to GPS1 vs SKyview? It seems to rest back to Skyview.

I've looked through the manuals but couldn't find my answer. I'm sure it's in there somewhere, just can't find it.

I'm a GRT user so the Dynon stuff is all new. After using it for awhile do you get used to all the button pushes to engage the AP or does the remote AP panel really make it much easier (less button pushes)

Thanks
Gary

Are you asking about showing the data from the G650 on the Skyview display or having the data from the G650 displayed on the DYNON and have the DYNON autopilot follow the same data?

:cool:

Gary,
Almost nothing in SkyView resets by itself. If you tell it to watch the 650 as a flight plan or to watch it on the HSI (which are different things), that will stick even though a power cycle.

The one case where this isn't true is if you make this change, and immediately turn off the system, AND you don't have the SkyView backup battery. Wait just a minute or two and it should save, or with a backup battery it saves on shutdown.

You do need new-ish software to display the 650 flight plan on SkyView.

Finally, if you want, you can re-label "GPS1" to "GTN650" or whatever you want in setup.

Dynon

I have an RV10 with all the things you listed plus the AP and knob panels.

Yes the AP panel simplifies the autopilot operation. adding in the knob module gives you heading/track and altitude adjustment.

I am pretty sure that when you select either skyview or the GTN from the flight plan menu it saves it that way and does not revert to skyview on he next startup.

I love my Dynon avionics.

Skyview

As you can tell I'm just starting to learn the system.
The current Skyview software is ver 10.1
All I was trying to do was have the flight plan on the 650 displayed on the Skyview map.

I did go into the AP menu, HSI source was GPS.

I'll keep learning the system in the hangar. Most of the menus are intuitive, I'm sure it will just take some time to become comfortable.

Gary