p51dplt

Well Known Member
Quick question for those of you using the Skyview system...

When we boot up the unit, the indicated and true airspeed are showing 23kts all the time. Is this a normal condition for the unit or do we need to go into a calibration menu to set the static values to zero?

Thanks for the help!

Brant,
That's not normal. It should be zero. Start by disconnecting the pitot and static lines from the AHRS and see if it goes away. If it does, you have an issue in your pitot static system. If it doesn't, then you can do a zero airspeed cal in the AHRS calibration, but it really shouldn't be that far off.

When I booted mine up the first time the airspeed was 30. I then remembered that I had the AOA line joined with the pitot line via safe air coupler just outside the fuselage to keep the bugs and dirt out. (wings were off) I separated them and the airspeed was zero on the next boot up.

Brant,
That's not normal. It should be zero. Start by disconnecting the pitot and static lines from the AHRS and see if it goes away. If it does, you have an issue in your pitot static system. If it doesn't, then you can do a zero airspeed cal in the AHRS calibration, but it really shouldn't be that far off.

We will start there and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply.

Next question

Is there a wat to make the cylinder temp and EGT tapes vertical orientation instead of horizontal?

You can assign each EGT and CHT to their own vertical bar if you wish.

Skyview Installation Manual, EMS Section 7. Download the manual from dynonavionics.com. You can edit all 3 engine screens - 100%, 40%, 20% size.