Dgamble

Well Known Member
Well, Skyview may not be shipping, but the new plans are. I just received my engine kit last week and section 45 has been replaced with section 45A. One of the differences I've run into is with the fuel pressure sensor. In the new plans, the cushion clamp that held the big 0 - 30 PSI sensor is gone and is replaced with an aluminum bracket and a grommet, ostensibly to hold a smaller, more precise model. Unfortunately, I received the plans and hardware for whatever new sensor they're going to be using, but I also received the old 0 - 30 sensor. That has me stuck until Tuesday when I can try to negotiate a fix with Van's.

That will leave me time to figure out something else: the EGT wiring harness is supposed to go through a cushion clamp mounted to another cushion clamp that is mounted to the WD-1221 mount standoff. The problem is that I can't find where in the plans I missed doing the installation of those clamps. A searchable PDF file of the plans would be a great help here - I guess it's the curse of a 21st century mentality to expect these kinds of things to be provided. Absent that, does anyone know what size clamps these are and/or on what page they got installed?

Keep us posted. The fuel pressure sensor has been a headache for many of us. Hope we will be able to backfit the new sensor to the D-180.

I got the engine kit about 2 months ago, new wiring harness has 3 wires to the new fuel pressure sensor. I had the old plans section 45 and the old sensor. That was a head scratcher for a day or two, called Scott and got it figured out.
I just put a couple of the cushion clamps on that fit. I may have to change the one that the wires run thru later, no big deal.
Now Joining the "Waiting on Skyview" crowd, lol.

Those clamps you are looking for are put in with the Avionics kit. You can download that section from the Van's website. You can either use tie wraps temporarily or get the cushion clamps from the hardware store.

Fuel Pressure

The bracket for the new fuel sensor is #F-00036 from Vans. The Dynon part number for the new(Kavlico) sensor is 10690-000 and they are accepting orders on 01/02/12. There will be an update for the D180 that will have to be installed as soon as Dynon create's it. This should be the answer for the overpressure warning on the D180.