WingedFrog

Well Known Member
On my first cross-country trip I was surprised to see these little traffic advisory icons that provide you the location and altitude of a nearby airplane. I thought I needed ADS-B to receive traffic but after looking into the Pilot's user guide I found that the Dynon Transponder is the source of traffic information provided the area you are flying in got an active TIS coverage. Interestingly, Dynon is not making lots of noise about this feature, I wonder why? Could it be because TIS is not widely available or that it shows only partial traffic? I found it very helpful to be able to locate airplanes easily after the were displayed on the Skyview map.

Any mode S transponder will provide TIS traffic on a compatible display. I've been using TIS for years and love it and just recently upgraded to ADS-B in/out because I felt "naked" without full time traffic when traveling cross county. ADS-B also gets you free weather (cancelled XM).

Jean-Pierre,
Thanks for highlighting that feature! We're better pilots, builders and engineers than we are PR people.
-Robert
Dynon Avionics

Jean-Pierre,
Thanks for highlighting that feature! We're better pilots, builders and engineers than we are PR people.
-Robert
Dynon Avionics

... and keep it that way, we builders don't trust marketing people as much as we trust engineers!