Wesael

Well Known Member
Does anyone here have a movie clip or even still shots of what it looks like flying down an approach with the skyview?

I have looked on the Dynon site and dont seem to be able to locate it.

What are you looking for in a Skyview approach video?

Other than seeing the runway, the velocity vector indicator, and the HSI, there is not much else to see.

Ah c'mon Brian, that's like saying there's no need for Playboy because you already know what's under the skivvies! :p

(I'd love to see a skyview approach video too)

What are you looking for in a Skyview approach video?

Other than seeing the runway, the velocity vector indicator, and the HSI, there is not much else to see.

I have time behind a Advance 3500.

My Highest runners as candidates for my current project are the AFS 4500 and the Skyview.

I am not looking for a descussion here on the pros or cons of each....but I want to see what the approach phase of the flight looks like on the skyview.

Last edited by a moderator:
There really is no approach phase on the Skyview.

I really was serious...I don't know what you expect to see on the Skyview during an approach that you would not see all the time.

Skyview is a different creature at this time vs AFS...

AFS does all sorts of sequencing and integrating with the 430W and AP.

Dynon has always left that stuff up to the GPS.

There are some videos on youtube. Might not have exactly what you want, but I've found it to be a good way to see lots of RV related video on everything from flying to avionics.

I don't have a video of it, but will try to get one soon. I can say this, it's pretty cool. I have my SL30 driving the SkyView HSI and with the synthetic vision runway depiction and Flight Path Marker, it makes flying an approach almost like cheating. I have just started doing simulated instrument (hood time) in my plane, so there are others who have lot's more experience with it. I don't think you'd be disappointed with SkyView or AFS.

Sorry, no SV videos.

If it helps below are a few videos of an approach to a runway using HITS (highway-in-the-sky), an IFR departure, a HITS and flight director approach, and an engine failure on an IFR trip.

The first two is a customer using a single GRT Sport, the third and fourth videos are customers with dual GRT Horizon HX. Enjoy.

Carlos Fernandez
Sales & Support
GRT Avionics

Approach to landing

IFR Departure

Approach to runway

Engine Failure on IFR trip

Last edited:
Rising terrain

A customer with GRT HX approaching Healey, Alaska. (Video)

If you would like to see other similar videos you can find them on YouTube.

Regards,

Carlos Fernandez
Sales & Support
GRT Avionics

Since we seem to be asking for the impossible here, I would like to see a video of a sky view approach and landing too. We might as well request an approach into Jackson Hole, WY or Sun Valley Idaho. Maybe with a view outside in the same view as the display.

Yeh!!! thas zactly whut we wanna see!!:D:D:D:D