Jrskygod

Well Known Member
Patron
Will my skyview show the annunciation from my GNS 430W? I'm looking for GPS / VLOC, TERM, APR, MSG, and WPT. If it does how is this accomplished? Is it through the ARINC 429 interface or does it require individual inputs from the 430. If it does not then I guess I'll have to fabricate a little annunciation panel.
I'm getting ready to hook all this stuff up and just need clarification. Thanks

Surely someone has this setup and can give me a clue here. Thanks

Nearly everyone has their 430 "within the pilot's normal field of view" (see 430 installation manual for exact dimensions) and thus uses the annunciations on the 430W itself.
I do not know if Skyview or any EFIS will dispay all the items you list.
The 430 does supply analog outputs for each.

I have never used an annunciation panel. I don't think the Skyview has enough analog inputs, but I have never used any. Put the 430 within easy reach because you'll be tuning radios and things like that regularly anyway. I don't know the exact dimensions, but I doubt any RV's are big enough to need them if you put it within easy reach.

I have never used an annunciation panel. I don't think the Skyview has enough analog inputs, but I have never used any. Put the 430 within easy reach because you'll be tuning radios and things like that regularly anyway. I don't know the exact dimensions, but I doubt any RV's are big enough to need them if you put it within easy reach.

I've seen a couple that technically were not in compliance - mounted too low, on a center console. I've never heard of a DAR rejecting an airplane for this, though, so it's not on their radar. Of course this only applies for ifr operations.

Will my skyview show the annunciation from my GNS 430W? I'm looking for GPS / VLOC, TERM, APR, MSG, and WPT. If it does how is this accomplished? Is it through the ARINC 429 interface or does it require individual inputs from the 430. If it does not then I guess I'll have to fabricate a little annunciation panel.
I'm getting ready to hook all this stuff up and just need clarification. Thanks

You could ask Dynon on *their* user forum...