GalinHdz

Well Known Member
FWIW:
I am running DYNON SkyView with firmware version 12.X (I am aware of the v14 issues) and ran into a new situation. I was doing a practice ILS with a safety pilot and when I went to display the ILS chart (Seattle Avionics) on my screen (D-700, SN 1516) the screen froze. Nothing, PFD or MAP, worked. About 3 seconds later the screen came back to life again without me doing anything. My SkyView has over 200hrs and this had never happened before. I tried displaying the chart again and another screen freeze. Hmmmm, it happened each time I tried to load the chart.

Having a dual system (the co-pilot side never failed) I swapped the USB sticks (VERBATIM 32G USB-3) from Pilot to Co-Pilot and from Co-pilot to Pilot. This time the ILS chart displayed correctly without any problem but when I tried to display the chart on the Co-Pilot display, it froze. So the problem was in the USB stick.

I did a fresh download of the data and tried it again but with the same results. So I re formatted the USB stick and did another fresh download of the data. This time it worked perfectly.

So if you fly IFR, make sure you have redundancy and can safely fly the airplane "partial panel" when, not if, a problem happens.

:cool: