BruceEicher

Well Known Member
I am planning a flight to the Grand Canyon with a few legs through the corridors on my IPad with forfeflight. But taking this plan to the airplane with all the Long and Lat waypoints, hand creating them again in Foreflight and building the flight plan is slow and tedious. And a mistake is easy to make. Does anyone know how to export the GPX from foreflight?
I am about ready to look out the canopy and fly the plane by sight! :)

Last edited:
I used to use AOPA's online flight planner and it worked great to export GPX files. They 'improved' the planner several months ago and it is now pretty bad - with many features not working - including GPX export. While I really miss being able to plug in the thumb drive, hit one button, and import my flight plan, I don't find the manual method difficult or very time consuming once you get the button/knob sequence down pat. I also have a 430 and, unfortunately at this time, it will not send route info to the SV. I have to input both manually. I really enjoyed using AOPA's old planner. I'm still holding hope that they work out the bugs, but it has been quite some time now.

I am about ready to look out the canopy and fly the plane by sight! :)

I was about to say.:) Paper and MK 1 Mod 0 eyeballs still work.

What has the world come to when we can no longer fly because our electronic gizmos can't talk to each other, and import export data, creating more work than just doing it the old fashion way! :D

It's also worth looking at SkyView's flight planning capabilities a little bit more. You can drag the cursor around to the locations you want and use the "Add to flight plan" feature to put them on your flight plan. It gives you a lat/long as you are doing this as well. Making any one of the 4 VFR corridors is really only a 30 second effort.

Also, SkyView clearly shows the VFR corridors right in SkyView's airspace depiction. The overfly rules don't require you overfly the GPS waypoints exactly, they just help you stay out of the no fly areas: