RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello everyone
I'm in the final stage of installaing my SV-700 with just the RED (Power ) and Black ( ground) wires ( Off the DB37 ) left to connect and I was wondering if a circuit breaker is required or can I just connect the power wire to the bus bar and turn the thing ON? I will tend to go with the breaker eventough I didn't see any mention of one in the installation info (or I may have missed it )

If one is required,what AMP does it have to be? Is 5 AMP enough?

2nd: When I turned the Skyview ''ON'' using the back up battery, it did detect the Servos, Adahrs & the SV-700 but it did not detect the Pitot heat (It did detect the AOA ) which I believe is normal because it is not actually connected to the Skyview...Am I missing something or is everything the way it should be?

Thanks for the info

Bruno

ckt bkr

Yes install a ckt breaker or fuse in series with your power lead(s) to the SV-700. I'd recommend a 7 amp breaker since charging current for the B/U battery can often exceed 5 amps for a short period of time when first turning the SV system on when the B/U battery is low. CKT breakers/fuses are for protecting wires - anytime you connect a wire to a power buss it should have protection commensurate with the current rating of the wire.

Skyview installation

Hi Ken
That is what I was thinking...It didn,t make sense to me that one will connect such an expensive unit without at least protecting the wiring..

Now all I need is a 7 Amp CB,I,ve got a few 10 Amp but funny I'm always mising the one I need..:)

Thanks again..

Bruno