MikeyDale

Well Known Member
Has anyone made any Skyview checklist files yet that they might like to share? Just a template maybe? I'm lazy and do not want to go thru the learning process of building them. :p

Has anyone made any Skyview checklist files yet that they might like to share? Just a template maybe? I'm lazy and do not want to go thru the learning process of building them. :p

The Dynon Spreadsheet checklist tool has examples in it. On their site under Software Updates. I've use the tool and loaded customized checklists to my SV.

SkyView Checklist

Just got off the phone with Dynon to check up on something else, so I had to asked the big question that is on everyone else's mind about the checklist format, and why it won't install. I too was trying to get a checklist installed on my system, and keep getting the ERROR message. After reading the post on their forum, I thought that I might have figured it out, but when I talked to them, they told me that they just figured it out themselves.

Now, I have corrected mine, but can't check it out until I get home next week.

What I was told was this.

After downloading their TXT template, and filling in your checklist, when you save it in notepad or Word, save it in the Encoding format of UTF-8, not ANSI. There is a pull down menu on the SAVE and SAVE-AS menu that will allow you to change it from ANSI to UTF-8. Save the file as checklist.txt, don't include anything else in the file name. They tell me that will fix the installation ERROR and install.

As I said, I have not tried this, and can't until next week, but if anyone tries this and it works, please post for others.

Thanks, and have a nice weekend.

Brian

OK, received note from GucciDan and he said that he followed my instructions and his checklist loaded as advertised, so happy checklist editing.

Last edited: