RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello everyone
Does anyone have pictures of his/her Skyview autopilot installation, specially the servos ( in an RV-4,it would be fantastic) so I can have an idea of the servo's size and the room required for the Roll servo?

Thank you for your time

Bruno
[email protected]

Autopilot

Hi Marc
Funny, I was asking myself the same question...

Really, the autopilot is mostly to have another set of hands if required.I have a Navaid with a smart coupler installed ( which will be for sale )and it is useful in case I have to unfold a map for example or to use on long cross-country...

As you know, boys will be boys...gotta have a toy..

I ordered the Skyview yesterday from SteinAir...good price...but I'll delay the purchase of the autopilot's servos until next spring to make sure I really need them ( I'm sure you already know how this going to end up..

Cheers

Bruno

Just messin with ya ! I know all about the inverted and 60 degrees off course trying to fold a map !

I'm going cheap and cheerfull with the MGL Xtreme . They say eventually it will be able to drive an autopilot if I wish some day .

Marc

MGL X TREME

Hi Marc
I did consider the Xtreme for a while and I like what I saw but with the buy back I get from Dynon on my BMA, I decided to go with the Skyview..

I should start following your lead and go cheap too as I got way too much money in this airplane already..I've got gadgets in it that we don't even have in the 777..

Cheers

Bruno

In our 9 the servo kit just bolted right in. The 4 servo I think is similar to the 6 and is a little different than the 9, but shoulkd still be an easy install.

I have photos somewhere if they would be useful.

Can anyone clarify if the Dynon servo will be (easily) mounted in a -9's QB wing, or is it something that needs to be done at initial assembly?

Can anyone clarify if the Dynon servo will be (easily) mounted in a -9's QB wing, or is it something that needs to be done at initial assembly?

I installed a Dynon A/P in an existing 9A last month. You do not need to do on assembly. Simple install and they have an inexpensive servo mounting kit for the 9. (both pitch and roll)

SKYVIEW INSTALLATION

While we're talking about Dynon ( Skyview ) components installation, I remember reading a few weeks ago about a gentleman who install a Skyview in his RV and also install a remote USB port to do his update from the front of the panel.....
Does anybody here knows where I could find such a device ( USB remote outlet )???
I looked everywhere around here and when asking about them, I get looks like I'm from Mars ...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

USB panel mount

Thanks Mr Dynon Support, appreciate the help..Got one on the way

Found out today that SteinAir has shipped my new to me Skyview..Yahoo can't wait..:D

Bruno
[email protected]

Last edited: