Conure

I'm New Here
Hello all,
How are Van's RV-12 Dynon Autopilot default setting created, are they from the factory's RV-12? The reason I ask is that I just updated the firmware to v15.4.7 and the Van's setting are quite different from the previous owners settings. Which one should I start the autopilot setup procedure with? Just curious since I'm I this point in setting up the Skyview. Also I haven't flown with the previous owners Autopilot settings so I don't know how well they work.
Thanks,
Peter D

Hello all,
How are Van's RV-12 Dynon Autopilot default setting created, are they from the factory's RV-12? The reason I ask is that I just updated the firmware to v15.4.7 and the Van's setting are quite different from the previous owners settings. Which one should I start the autopilot setup procedure with? Just curious since I'm I this point in setting up the Skyview. Also I haven't flown with the previous owners Autopilot settings so I don't know how well they work.
Thanks,
Peter D
Dynon publishes an Autopilot Tuning Guide.
Towards the back of the guide, there are default settings which new owners can start out with. I used that as a beginning point . . . then used the tuning guide to refine my settings. YMMV.

Thanks,
Yes I have printed out the autopilot guide and will use that to setup the autopilot.
The defaults settings in the guide are for all aircraft, right?. The Pre-Sets from Van's must have come from a RV-12 setup, correct? This is most likely a Van's question, I'm just curious. I will start my autopilot setup with the Van's Pre-Sets that came with the firmware update, v15.4,7.
Peter D

Thanks,
Yes I have printed out the autopilot guide and will use that to setup the autopilot.
The defaults settings in the guide are for all aircraft, right?. The Pre-Sets from Van's must have come from a RV-12 setup, correct? This is most likely a Van's question, I'm just curious. I will start my autopilot setup with the Van's Pre-Sets that came with the firmware update, v15.4,7.
Peter D
In addition, I would give Vans a call and find out the "sensitivity" and "gain' settings for a typical RV-12 airplane. Then, follow the Dynon Installation Guide to input those settings.

Note:
Sensitivity = Correction Accuracy
Gain = Aggressiveness