Moura

Well Known Member
I am deciding on my panel and was leaning towards skiview. However, apparently its AP is not working yet. Does anybody know how long will take before they release the AP feature? 1 month, 6 months, 2 years? What aboit the mapping feature?
Will a pcas (Such as zaon xrx) be able to interface with skyview?
Will I need a mode C encoder to interface with a GTX327 of will the skyview provide the info?

Thanks

The AP will be the same AP that we have in current products, plus some enhancements we're working on. We expect to have this within 6 months. Mapping is in the same timeframe. Outside of bug fixes these two features are our highest priorities.

We will eventually support traffic from a variety of sources, but we don't have a timeframe on that yet.

You can connect SkyView to your 327 directly and use it as the altitude encoder. No other parts needed.

OK, great. I am about to order and, just to make sure, current servos will work with skyview, right?

Thank You

Yes, current servos work with SkyView.

If they are purchased new now, they will just work. If they have older firmware on them, they need to be updated. You can do this with a D10/D100 product, or by sending them to us. SkyView cannot update them.

I do not have the servos yet and was planning on ordering tomorrow from one of the main US avionics supplier, so I believe would be the new ones already with new firmware. Will be ordering the 10 inch with engine monitor and 6 cyl sensors, AOA pitot, OAT and fuel flow from dynon. Was hoping AP would work sooner though. AP will interface with garmin 695, correct?

Yes, current servos work with SkyView.

If they are purchased new now, they will just work. If they have older firmware on them, they need to be updated. You can do this with a D10/D100 product, or by sending them to us. SkyView cannot update them.

Decrapitation. Now I gotta pull my wing servo out and send them both back to you for the firmware update, I'm getting close to installing the elevator servo and might as well get it done now. Any particular address/attention getter you want us to reference for this on the shipping? Any reason for me NOT to send them in now? It will be at least 18 months before I fly, if you've got anything in the works that would allow me to do a software upgrade in the field in the future, that would be great.

Love the innovation and new products guys - but a little backward compatibility would be nice!

Last edited:
Greg,

E mail dynon they will give you a rma # just let them know what you want done. I just sent mine back for the latest update and for them to do the shear screw loc tite. My servos were some of the first ones so I had to let them loc tite the shear screws. Hope this helps.

You do need to contact us via phone or email to get an RMA so we know what to do with them when they get here. You should also let us know the SNs so we can double check that they are actually older.

There isn't any reason to not update them now. The SkyView will be able to do any updates after this one. We upped the speed of the network in SkyView so the servos don't know how to talk until they get an update some other way. Sorry you didn't know about this earlier, we were doing our best to let everyone know as they ordered (and there are a few threads here about it too)

I did the 5.2 update on my D100, D120, AP74, HS34, 2 servos yesterday and it went smoothly. Have not had a chance to fly yet. Dynon does say a compass cal may be needed after this update. Don't know if that is standard language that is given at each s/w update or not though.

Compass cal is not standard for all updates. 5.1 had some compass issues for some people so 5.2 changes some behavior. If it looks OK, it's Ok, but no promises that it will be OK.

Ok? ;)