WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
I could swear that I read on here somewhere that you can (or someone has) connect both the RAC indicator and the Skyview trim indicator in parallel to the RAC servo position output. A quick search on the Dynon forum found a response from Dynon support saying that the Skyview cannot be connected along with the RAC indicator.

The RAC indicator provides supply power to the potentiometer in the servo, so I would just connect the one SV EMS wire to POT output.

To be perfectly honest, back when I designed my panel I didn't realize the skyview had the trim indicators already. So, I have a hole in my panel for the RAC indicator that I might as well fill. If I can have both indicators without harm to the SV I would like to do so.

Has anyone done this? Did it work out ok?

SKYVIEW & RAC Trim

The RAC uses 12v while the SKYVIEW is a 5v system so you can't just put them in parallel without some kind of resistor(s) "adapter".

Yes, you would connect the one SV EMS wire to POT output. But if you do this then you are just adding complexity without any extra redundancy. :cool:

Last edited:
The RAC uses 12v while the SKYVIEW is a 5v system so you can't just put them in parallel without some kind of resistor(s) "adapter".

Yes, you would connect the one SV EMS wire to POT output. But if you do this then you are just adding complexity without any extra redundancy. :cool:

I appriciate the help, I would be fine having just the one set of indicators, but the holes are there and need to be filled..haha

I guess I am adding some redundancy with a second set of indicators, but not really adding any value. The trim will still work even without the indicator...

Interesting, I was wondering if the trim indicator can be used when using vertical power system trim setup?

Bird

FYI for future readers. While I haven't tested it connected to the skyview, in bench testing the RAC trim indicator worked fine with a 5v power supply rather than 12v. That means you could power it with 5v and connect the skyview in parallel. You may even be able to use the skyview 5v output to power the indicator. The current draw accourding to my cheapo multimeter was 0.03amps. Depending on what else you have connected to the SV 5V output, there may be room left for the indicator.