Gash

Well Known Member
Has anyone here mounted their Dynon Skyview ADAHRS in the tail, underneath the VS and in the space between the HS? That's where mine is, and I'm wondering if I'm setting myself up for magnetometer problems caused by movement of the elevators and rudder. I haven't done the ADAHRS compass calibration yet (next week probably) but am curious to know others' experiences with this mounting location.

As long as you're within the envelope specified by Dynon on page 2-6 of the installation manual, you should be ok. In terms of ferrous metals, the big thing is whether they are fixed and non-moving (and can be "calibrated out") or whether they tend to move, and if they move, that's a problem per the Dynon guys I talked to at OSH. Back there, you should be ok. You would have the tailspring and the mounting hardware, but they are fixed. Let us know how your calibration proceeds. I mounted my ADAHRS units just aft of the baggage area.

Yep, it's inside the limits as far as distance from CG goes. I'll let you know how the calibration goes...it's going to be a few days from now. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only guy with the ADAHRS back there.

Mine is back there

Karl,

I put mine back there and have had no problems so far. I have been flying for a little over a year now and have about 160 hours on it. I work overseas 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off or my time would be higher. Good luck,