Paul B

I think I want the Dynon Skyview in my RV9. I plan to build a shelf or tube that extends the upper part of the baggage area aft. I want to put skis, golf clubs, guns here. This area also seems to be the preferred location for the remote ADAHRS. Can I still put the ADAHRS here or will metal edged skis and rifle barrels cause problems? If this is a problem, is there another suitable location for the Skyview ADAHRS or should I look at other systems?

If you are planning a slider, do not put your ADAHRS there. Move it back one bay. Not only will that make it immune from your baggage, but the steel slider frame will not interfere.

V

The slider canopy moving back and forth shouldn't be an issue - it's not likely you'll be flying (and relying on your ADAHRS unit) with the canopy open - but any metal (magnetic) objects in the cargo back, as well as ski's, rifles, or elevator servo motor, could interact with it.

Put it back in the tail just forward of the empennage fairing, life is good. The only ferrous material back there are the bolts in the elevator and and rudder sections, and their movement is minor in flight. The seat belt cables are just forward of there, but they don't move.

0000032r.jpg