vlittle

Well Known Member
A Dynon factory rep (Natalie) told me that 3.4 software for the SkyView systems will include world-wide cultural data (I assume that means roads, railways, power lines, cities/towns etc.).

Because of past disappointments, I double checked that 'worldwide' included areas outside of the USA.

Of course, this is a benefit for us in Canada, but it benefits US pilots who fly over or into Canada as well.

You can meet Natalie at Arlington and Oshkosh. She's the one wearing the world's coolest belt... you'll agree when you see it.

Last edited:
Skyview Update

From the Dynon Forum:

Dynon Support Offline
Forum Administrator
Dynon Employee
Dynon Technical Support

The major features:

1) Autopilot performance enhancements. We continue to be committed to fielding the best autopilot possible.
2) Improved SkyView Network Redundancy, with detection and annunciation of wiring or electrical problems, and in-flight failover to a backup network (that you've already wired if you have a SkyView system)
3) Rotax 912 iS support (via an SV-EMS-221 module that includes CAN bus)
4) Multiple ADAHRS cross-checking and annunciation when they don't agree, with a neat UI to display both ADAHRS' instruments side by side
5) Basemap! Roads, rivers, cities, etc. Free! Worldwide coverage!
6) Enhanced airspace depiction. Better colors. Dashes. Customizable colors.
7) Automatic text decluttering of map items for vastly improved legibility.

Now that's a more complete report, thanks.

I looked for this info at Dynon, but obviously not in the right place. One thing that stood out in the Dynon Demo (RV-8 Panel) was the D10A. There was a SV-D1000, D700, the D10A and a full height blank panel strip vertically between the two SkyViews (what's that for??).

The D10A really needs to be replaced with a shallow 3" SV compatible EFIS with internal gyros, pitot/static/aoa lines. It could then be a capable backup screen and another source of attitude information on the network. No need for a magnetic sensor if gps track is available. Think of a Trutrak PFD talking on a SV network. This is a gaping hole in the Dynon product line (and my panel). Of course, the Trutrak PFD is going to be hard to beat... I'm planning on two of them in my cockpit (on backup in front, one for the GIB).

I've been outspoken in my concern that Dynon is wasting time on a radio because there are multiple vendors with compact, feature rich Comms. They want to own the panel, but they seem to be giving up the 3" EFIS space.

Of course, this may all change...