Dynon

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Dynon released version 1.5 firmware for the SkyView products today.

This adds:
  • Basic mapping for USA with data provided on 28 day cycles for free
  • GPS assist
  • Screen synchronization

Visit http://dynonavionics.com/docs/news_version_SkyView15_Mar2010.html to update your unit.

Map-1.jpg

Map-2.jpg

Map-3.jpg

Map-4.jpg

Great

Already decided to add a SkyView to my RV-12 when it's finished. Hope that Van's will sell me one as part of the avionics package.

I am wondering is the Dynon180 and a SkyView tandem will allow me to NOT have to purchase the Garmin 496? Any thoughts on that?

Dynon rolls on - great.:cool::cool::cool:

Today, the map is a "Basic" map. What you see in the shots above is what you get. It's also free.

Our next release will add "info" about airspaces (including altitudes), airports, and will let you find things as well as do a single direct to.

In the August timeframe, we'll add a cursor and panning, which lets you highlight and select things like airspaces or airports. This is also when we will begin charging the $500 for the map function, since it's when we expect it will become a real replacement for a lot of users.

We wouldn't come anywhere near to claiming that today we'd be a good replacement for a 496. It all depends on what you need out of a mapping product as to when we will be a full replacement for something else. If all you need is comm frequencies and altitudes, then the next update may get you there. If you need advanced multi-leg planning the ability to pan over and zoom in on something, or a lot of other things, a later update will serve you better.

And of course, if you fly IFR, no experimental map is legal, so you'll always be running something like a 430 in that situation.

Dynon
Really nice update to an already incredible system. Looking forward to G430 Nav interface.