As my friend from TX would say... That's slicker than snot on a doorknob! ;)

Very cool, and fast too (at least until the word gets out). Thanks for posting.

Skyvector...really neat!

Thanks, Roberta. What I just noticed is that the AWOS info is available just by hovering the mouse over the green dots!
Don

Or check out mine, www.runwayfinder.com. On top of weather and sectionals, I have TFRs, satellite views, and maps, and airport info. Made by an RV builder. My plane would probably be finished if I hadn't spent so much time on the web site last summer. :D

Or better yet, write to AvWeb and tell them about my site. I already wrote to them, but they ignored me for some reason. newstips at avweb.com

Dave

robertahegy said:
If you haven't seen this site, Check it out!!! Online sectionals you can zoom in on. Really nice to see the detail and nice for planning.http://skyvector.com/ Roberta
Super site Roberta. I give it a thumbs up...way up!
Question for the legally astute: If you print out a given and current sectional from this site instead of buying an official Sectional chart and stow the printout(s) in the airplane, does that act satisfy the FAR's as far as that goes?

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"

Rick,
I'm saying yes it would be legal. EAA and AOPA have flight planners where you print out sectional/WAC charts and I know that's legal. Nothing says you have to "buy" one, as long as it's current.

Tobin

WOW!
I just realized that in addtion to hovering over an airport and getting wx info(already mentioned by Don), if you click on a particular airport you also get all kinds of additional good info.
Tobin

Yeah, I don't have Alaska or Hawaii either. I haven't had a single person request them. I have a digital chart of Hawaii, but it's at a weird angle making it slightly more difficult to incorporate into the site. Alaska is sold separately, so I haven't bothered to get it yet.

Dave

Thanks to the folks who wrote to AVweb. I finally got a mention in their flash.

Also, I added Hawaii charts over the weekend. The FAA scanned them at a rather low resolution, but I made them available just the same.
www.runwayfinder.com/?loc=hnl.

Dave

Hey Dave:

Love the links for local restaurants and hotels. I also think it's quite nifty to be able to switch between the street map, sectional and aerial photos. Makes it quite easy to plan the ground portion of any trip. Keep up the good work!

freaky

Davepar said:
That's freaky. I just added that feature today. We must be channeling the same spirit or something. Add "&view=chart" onto the end of the link. Let me know if you run into any bugs.
Works great - thanks! Glad to see you listed on http://www.avweb.com/

BTW, the freaky thing happens to me all the time. Unfortunately, I'm only a transmitter of good ideas - I'd rather be a receiver! :)