rv7charlie

Well Known Member
Well, I just scored a jailbroken iphone 3G to use on my elcheapo prepaid ATT phone plan & I'd like to load skycharts. Is there any features-based reason to buy the pro version if I'm only going to use it on the phone?

Thanks,

Charlie

First of all - THANKS for the interest!

But however, I don't want to say so because it costs more, but the Pro line of the software is where all new stuff will appear first. The 'regular' line is for maintenance only. Features will always be lagging behind. It will only be updated when needed.

There is currently NO way of upgrading to the Pro version, so please think twice about buying the 'regular' version, even though it saves you a couple of bucks right now.

Last edited:
Heikki,

Since the OPs question is answered, allow me to hijack the thread. What's the status of XM WX for Skycharts?

What is a "jailbroken" iphone?

Glenn Wilkinson

Google will likely tell you more than you really want to know about it. :)

It's basically a minor 'hack' that allows the phone to work on most networks and allows loading 'aps' (programs) that haven't been blessed by Apple, and for users smarter than me, the ability to access hardware/software features in the phone that Apple chooses to lock users out at this time. My knowledge about jailbreaking basically extends to knowing that it exists, and finding a seller who did the deed for me when I purchased the phone. I'm still paying for service, but my service is the AT&T $100/year for 400 minutes plan, with no web access included. Just popped the sim card out of my $10 pre-paid phone, inserted it in the iphone & started making/receiving calls on my prepaid account.

I can live without the cellular web access for now; I bought the phone to use the built-in GPS with Skycharts, and to use it as an ipod Touch when I'm at home or near a wifi hotspot.

Charlie

Live WX of some form is definitely on the already way to long to-do list.
I will however try to find some time for flying this summer, and not just sit in front of a computer all the time! ;)

Heikki,

Since the OPs question is answered, allow me to hijack the thread. What's the status of XM WX for Skycharts?