kentb

Well Known Member
I had to stop because of declining weather condition. The gps showed me the nearest airport so I typed on Skychart pro to access the information on the airport York, NE.
It brought up the selector page and I hit AFD. It told me that it didn't have Internet and gave me a blank page.
Luckly someone was on the unicom and gave me the information that I needed.

Now that I am on the ground and have wifi access I get the info. I have the entire US caches but there is no information about why it wouldn't have this part of NE.

Maybe it is time to update the data again. After landing there is no indicator that the cache needs updating. This program needs to provide cached info even if it out of date! This program needs to indicate that it is loading new data.
New data should be downloaded into a different data file and only after the download is complete the cached data removed.
If the data is stale, just give a warning then provide the information.

Kent

I dont remember anything indicating that AFD info is cached along with the charts, but I could be wrong. Not that it wouldnt be nice...Talk to the man, Heike. He seems very interested in keeping up on our needs

erich

I dont remember anything indicating that AFD info is cached along with the charts, but I could be wrong. Not that it wouldnt be nice...Talk to the man, Heike. He seems very interested in keeping up on our needs

erich

It is cached. It has been working fine up until today. At every airport that I have landed on my big trip (30+) I pull up the AFD for the airport when I am 10 miles out.
I don,t know how to contact Heike, except through the forum.

Kent

Try essential flight

It downloads everything, uses wireless gps, does not need wifi and it's quick. They say free WX and traffic if you buy a ADSB antenna. It downloads tfr's too. Works like a champ so far... Yup.. A shameless plug for those guys.... The only but... No ipad option. Or, if you are in a pinch, I use fltpln for all the freq's on my iPhone.... Or that green book if your into small books that go out of date quickly...
Best
Brian