BlackRV7

Well Known Member
I held off using the hinge pin method, as per the plans, on the lower two bottoms of my cowl. I was either going to use Skybolts or tinnermansj, screws and nutplates. I decided to go with 6 Skybolts............just because. The price was mid $50 with shipping for adjustable receptacles, retainers and studs. In doing so, I opted out of the special retainer tool snd $21 "special" compression pliers for the studs, figuring "special" in house engineering would come through. Anyway, the retainers can easily be spread apart using just your fingers so the retainer taper tool, while useful is not required. Now to the stud, I tried every tool in the shop to compress the spring far enough and the tool itself had to be small to allow me to rotate the pin through the grommet, to no avail.................when what to my wondering eyes appeared........a flashback from my college days..........Hemostats. OK, I bought these at Sun & Fun several years ago. Guess what, hemostats made a great stub compression tool. As a side note, if you felt so desired.............one could even use the tool to celebrate after a successful install. UH, forget that....never mind:)