Peter Costick

Well Known Member
Hi all

A quick question ....are Skybolt fasteners still in business?

I bought a kit sometime back and have written to them twice in the last month to try and get some information but have received no reply.

I have called but got no answer and being in Australia the time difference makes that a little more problematic.

Thanks

Peter

Hi all

A quick question ....are Skybolt fasteners still in business?

I bought a kit sometime back and have written to them twice in the last month to try and get some information but have received no reply.

I have called but got no answer and being in Australia the time difference makes that a little more problematic.

Thanks

Peter

I have given up on them. They shipped me the wrong fasteners and have not responded to my inquiries. Next time, some other supplier (did I say next time?)

I was looking for installation information, plus I wanted to find out about the attach brackets. Also my kit has an uneven number of receptacles to fasteners, I just needed to find out if I have enough or need to buy anything else.

Peter

I was looking for installation information, plus I wanted to find out about the attach brackets. Also my kit has an uneven number of receptacles to fasteners, I just needed to find out if I have enough or need to buy anything else.

Peter

They have a download document for installation on an RV. There is more information here on VAF. I took pictures of things not addressed in instructions, but I wanted the locations precise and the ferrules tight. I got what I wanted.

I suggest an email for the packing disparity, but a personal call is best for commitment. Like Vern, I found they were slow, but generous with parts. Talk to Debra, the manager of operations and spouse of owner. The owner is a member here (Skybolt Aeromotive Corp), so you can send him a pm or email. Look at the site and learn the names of the components so you can speak their language.

I have the SJ cowl, and found the attach brackets did not work on the split line, at least not to my satisfaction. They are flat, and the split line is a compound curve. It took 45 min to form a piece of aluminum to the shape. I used the SkyLoc's around the firewall, and they seemed to work well.

Email me if you want more information from me. They always accepted my calls.

Last edited:
Call them

This is very strange. Skybolt, Ned and Debra are some of the best at customer service. Do not depend on emails. Call them. Your email could have gone into a spam folder.

They will make it right. Trust me. One of the best out there (next to JD air of course).:)

Ned will probably chime in here as well.

Peter

I ordered the kit for my 7A with a james cowl. I started with one fastener in the top middle and it all worked my way down, it turned out fine.

I had an issue initially after receiving my kit and found they were wonderful with support. I have the upper/lower cowl as well as cowl split line fasteners and couldn't be happier.

I've bought from them several times without any problems. Call and talk to April. They have been very easy to work with.