vlittle

Well Known Member
I'm looking for photos of the Skybolt receptacles included in the RV679J-C1P-UF or similar cowl fastener kits from Skybolt.

I had one receptacle insert fall out in flight and it may be that I have the wrong parts installed. The only way to be sure is to get some actual pics from some of you who have used them.

I've contacted Skybolt, but have not received a reply yet.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,

Thanks. This confirms that all of my receptacles are wrong. None of them came with the locking rings. I wonder if they can be retrofitted in the field.

This smells like a service bulletin... If Skybolt has shipped these defective receptacles to me, they may have shipped to others as well. I purchased these in 2011.

Oddly, they also shipped one wrong stud in the original order, which they replaced. Somebody had a bad day.

Last edited:
Thanks. This confirms that all of my receptacles are defective. None of them came with the locking rings. I wonder if they can be retrofitted in the field.

This smells like a service bulletin... If Skybolt has shipped these defective receptacles to me, they may have shipped to others as well. I purchased these in 2011.

Oddly, they also shipped one wrong stud in the original order, which they replaced. Somebody had a bad day.

You are talking about the semicircular bands that keep the threaded insert from rotating? Yes, you can install them. Call Debra Bowers, she will get you fixed up, maybe not fast, but it will happen.

Last edited:
Looks to me that I was provided the SK245-5 receptacles rather than the SK245-4 (or equivalent) that were supposed to come with the Skybolt kit I purchased.

There does not seem to be a positive locking function for the -5 receptacles. They would need to be replaced.

Just to rub it in, Skybolt spells 'quality' as 'quaility' on their website. I guess the chickens are in charge!