NBowers

Some builders have talked about slight movement (shifting) of the cowling when using CLoc Fasteners, specifically using the floating receptacles. I must admit, I never percieved this as a problem from tons of expereince with Cessna, Piper, Beech cowlings. What is unique in the RV world, however, is attention to detail, not shown by the traditional production brands. Therefore, if even the slightest movement or cowling shift is of concern, Skybolt has implemented an easy, no cost solution. Before I decided to make this change in our kits, I did consult with trusted RV builders, and they actually suggested the revision.
Beginning with all Skybolt kits shipped after February 23, 2007 Skybolt will use Nonfloating SK215-4 Adjustable Receptacles along the sides of the cowling (for those kits that include the sides), but keep the SK245-4 Floating Receptacles around the firewall. This will eliminate any cowling shift under dynamic loads. The SK215-4 installs exactly the same as the SK245-4
If you purchased a Skybolt kit within the past 60 days and would like this substitution, Skybolt will gladly exchange receptacles at no cost. If you purchased a kit from a competitor, send those parts back (MS245-4), document the exchange, and Skybolt will credit return costs (up to 10% restrocking fees), good through March 31, 2007, for the Skybolt SK215-4 required for this revision.
Stay tuned for more innovations from Skybolt to make Vans RV fastener installation even more user freindly. Thinking of an interior access panel? Think of Skybolt CLoc 2500 and CLoc 2600 Series Fasteners.
Think Grand Champion!

Ned Bowers, Skybolt