I considered it, but...

...when I was building my -4, but decided there was insufficient length for my skis (200cm) w/o removing the rear seatback.

Rear Baggage...

I hinged my RV4's rear inspection door and stretched nylon mesh between the longerons back to the next bulkhead after seeing how my HR2 has a full upper baggage. This allowed me to open the door, and put my guitar on top of baggage with the neck aft into the rear fuselage. I also placed light items back there (sleeping bags, etc.) Just make sure you secure them so they don't slide aft or fly around back there!

It's a pain to crawl back there to drill the holes, stretch the mesh and tie-wrap it in...but worth it!

Smokey
HR2

Last edited:
Learn something every day...

Never thought of that....great idea! My Rocket is floored all the way back level with the hat shelf to the next bulkhead, awesome! Only problem was retrieving stuff from "way back". A trusty bent coat hanger fit the task.

First the Pietenpol Air Camper, now the RV4-RV!

Smokey
HR2

Last edited:
Never thought of that....great idea! My Rocket is floored all the way back level with the hat shelf to the next bulkhead, awesome! Only problem was retrieving stuff from "way back". A trusty bent coat hanger fit the task.

First the Pietenpol Air Camper, now the RV4-RV!

Smokey
HR2

Hey Smokey,
What do you think about carrying two pairs of ski's on the rocket with light (120lb) passenger in the rocket as far as CG goes? Driver 240lbs.

Dry Powder...

No worries RD, two pairs of skis shouldn't challenge your Rocket CG. When I calculated mine I found I could place a total of 300 lbs aft of the roll bar and still be in range. With you up front you should be golden.

Amazing...

Merry Christmas!
Smokey
HR2

I had the same calculations just wasn't sure about putting stuff farther back in the cone. I think your right though, thanks.