cdwambolt

A while back there was a discussion about the wing trailing edge/flap intersection being too tight on QB wings, and a special tool that Van?s has to fix it. I am searching and searching, but can?t find the thread. I want to see some of the pictures again. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Charlie

Van's had a discussion of this and a picture of their suggested "tool" in one of the RVators - you'll likely find it in one of the "Years of the RVators" books.
The tool as I remember was just a piece of wood (2X4) with a longitudinal slot to reach the rear spar flange to let you give it a slight bend downward.
Bill Brooks
RV-6A slowbuild fuselage (still)

Does this apply to the 9

My wings are slow built and my flaps and ailerons are installed. The upper wing skin meets the top of the flap perfectly the whole length of the flap when the flap is fully up in line with the aileron trailing edge with the alignment tool mounted on the outboard rib. If I place a 1 foot straight edge chordwise from the trailing edge of the wing skin forward, there is a definite gap between the skin and straight edge, but looks to me this is the design of the airfoil. Is this correct or did I build it wrong?

thats it!

Yes, Capt. John, that is what I was looking for! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now, that said, I don't think I need the tool, I need to lower the flap brace