cjensen

Well Known Member
Hey all...I'm starting the SJ carb box install, and I'm in need of some direction here. All I have to go on is the pic that comes with the instructions. There are no written instructions on how to hang it. I've looked thru all the pics on the SJ Yahoo site, and found a couple that give me an idea, but I'm wondering if there are more pics out there from you all.

Thanks!
:cool:

SJ carb mount

Chad
Sorry I dont have any pics handy but I used the 3/8 steel tube and fuel line "vetterman" exhaust hanger style treatment. I ended up using 4 hangers and triangulating them to try and reduce movement. The front hangers attached to an unused starter hole, the alt mount and to some alu angle bolted to the filter cone around the carb heat hinge area. The rear mounts I built up a small pad and bolted alu angle right thru the side of the filter housing. I also couldnt find many pics.

Matt

I installed the air box (cone) last night...I used a combined idea from the SJ picture, and the exhaust hanger method. Instead us making it flexible with rubber hose (exhaust hangers), I wanted a somewhat rigid bracket that would flex a little bit. It surprised me how well the cone is supported with just the two SCAT tubes attached, and with one more to attach to the cowl, it should stay put easily. I might put a small strap on the lower part of the bracket to tie it to the cone in one more spot, but it's lookin' good!

9-9-09-009w.jpg

9-9-09-010w.jpg

9-9-09-007w.jpg

Chad:

I'm almost to the same point with my SJ Cowl. I'll be interested in seeing more pictures of YOUR installation when I start mine!