AFulmer

I know Pflueger's does wood overlays for panels for all kinds of aircraft.

Anyone know of another vendor that frequents Oshkosh? Seems like they were always at the end of one of the vendor buildings?

Thanks,

That looks like AeroEnhancements. They weren't at OSH last year, however, I talked to them shortly after, and they were live 'n' kikin'.

phone number?

Steve,

aeroenhancements.com yields a "under construction" message only.

Do you have a phone number or email address.

Thanks,

wood overlay

I Have done a wood overlay before, quite time consuming but so is a carbon fiber overlay.

Basically after you have the water jet cut the panel you scuff/etch the panel we use the west systems epoxy and vacuum bag the panel to the overlay. I use a sheet of lexan with mold release for my true, smooth, flat surface. Smear a little epoxy on the face of the overlay, put this down on the lexan. Smear more epoxy on the mating surfaces, lay the cut aluminum panel on the overlay. Over the top of those two put a layer of peel ply over the panel, vacuum bag over everything, tap it to the lexan. Suck out air, let cure. Vola!

Now the work begins.

You have to cut the wood overlay out of every hole being sure to only cut & file towards the Aluminum so the wood does not splinter.

Aoroenhancements still around?

Hate to be a pest, Steve, but while the link above works, there were many things on their web page that did not work. Like Home, slide shows of panels, etc. And then to top it off, both the 866 and 314 numbers from the web page say "not a working number". What do you think?

Thanks,

Allen:

All I know is that I called them shortly after OSH, and they were in business then. I have had no contact since...possibly send them a letter at the address on the web page?

I can tell you that their stuff is really nice looking, and costs $600-&1000 with the cutouts made, and nicely labeled.

Good luck