dbegeman

Sooooo........I read the article in EAA magazine about Simpson harnesses and was wondering if anyone has mounted it in a 6 or 6A and what it entailed? Which version did you use? I like the idea of a crotch strap to keep the harness from riding up.

Thanks,
Dan

Sooooo........I read the article in EAA magazine about Simpson harnesses and was wondering if anyone has mounted it in a 6 or 6A and what it entailed? Which version did you use? I like the idea of a crotch strap to keep the harness from riding up.

Thanks,
Dan

I have the Crow 5-point harnesses. I think they are about the same price as Simson and they already sell a version for the RVs. Might be the better way to go. Note: I haven't read the article you referenced, so maybe there is something I am missing.

I have the Crow 5-point harnesses. I think they are about the same price as Simson and they already sell a version for the RVs. Might be the better way to go. Note: I haven't read the article you referenced, so maybe there is something I am missing.

Colin,
How did you secure the centerstrap? Pics would be awesome!
Thanks

Colin,
How did you secure the centerstrap? Pics would be awesome!
Thanks

I used the VANs 5th point kit for the RV-7, but cut off one side of the brackets and replaced it with a piece of angle so I could adjust the width. I also replaced all the belt ends from crow with standard triangular ends since they are shorter.

FP04102012A00057.jpg

FP04102012A00058.jpg

FP04102012A0005A.jpg

I used the VANs 5th point kit for the RV-7, but cut off one side of the brackets and replaced it with a piece of angle so I could adjust the width. I also replaced all the belt ends from crow with standard triangular ends since they are shorter.

FP04102012A00057.jpg

FP04102012A00058.jpg

FP04102012A0005A.jpg

Nicely done!!