JonJay

Well Known Member
My SilverHawk Servo, 285 hours, mixture control has gotten a little sticky. When the engine is running it works fine. It works well when the air is warm.
When cold, it actually makes a little squeaky noise like something needs some lube.
Is there any routine maintenance or lubrication necessary on the SilverHawk Servo that I might be missing?

Headed back to Precision

My SilverHawk Servo, 285 hours, mixture control has gotten a little sticky. When the engine is running it works fine. It works well when the air is warm.
When cold, it actually makes a little squeaky noise like something needs some lube.
Is there any routine maintenance or lubrication necessary on the SilverHawk Servo that I might be missing?
Per Precision;
The o-rings in the mixture mechanism are permanently lubricated at the factory. Evidently, at some point in time, they used an inferior lube that can break down. They do not recommend repair in the field. So, my servo is off to the factory for repair. They have changed the lube and assembly procedures so it may never be an issue to you.
If you have the Silverhawk Servo and notice it starting to get sticky, now you know....

Sticky Servo

I ordered a new mixture cable last year, assuming the cable was getting fried in the engine compartment. After I loosened the cable, I realized the action of the servo was the problem. I talked to Performance Aermotive, and they asked me to send it in. They took it apart and cleaned it out, no charge. Took about 10 days with shipping time from Las Vegas to Washington. This was with about 300 hours.
Great service.

Seb Trost
RV-7A 380 hours.
Boulder City, NV

So, thats two of us with brand new mixture cables!

Funny. I made the same assumption and have my brand new cable sitting on the kitchen table. Nothing wrong at all with the existing cable as you know.
Just under 300 hours. Aerosport supplied in late 2004 serial #70781402.