RV7Guy

Well Known Member
I've got just over 25 hours of night flying with my Aveo 6 in 1 lighting system. They landing/taxi light combination is very bright and provides exceptional light for landing and taxi. Similarly, the Position/Strobe combination is also very bright.

The best news is they are absolutely silent. No feedback, buzzing or RF of any type. I have no special wiring. I simply took out the Nova system and put this one in and saved about 8 lbs in the process.

Additionally, with all of the lights on, the draw is roughly 2-3 amps.

I know Aveo was a little late to the game getting these out but they got it right. And, yes they cost a little more but probably for a reason. I'm happy not to be chasing any gremlins.

A happy customer.

Darwin,
I am installing the same lights in my RV9A. Have you got any pictures that you can share on how you did your installation. I would love to see how yours turned out. Thanks
Russel Koch
RV9A

NICE!

I have the Aveo position lights and strobes and love them. The 6-1's weren't available yet but had pictures of them when I installed my HID's. I'm really happy with Aveo's products too. I guess my Aveo eyeballs would get scratched easy until I put some Ipad cover material on them where you rub the dimmer.

Some Osh2011 pics

Darwin,
I am installing the same lights in my RV9A. Have you got any pictures that you can share on how you did your installation. I would love to see how yours turned out. Thanks
Russel Koch
RV9A

Here's a few nap shots I took of Darwin's plane and lights at Osh this year.

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Thanks

Carlos,

Thanks for posting the pictures!!! I was going to post the ones I took but you saved me the trouble.

FYI, The mount I developed was a molded cradle. Working with Aveo we developed a metal mount. I have them at home but have not installed them yet. Hopefully in the next few weeks.